2014년 7월 10일 목요일

Journal.. number 2?



I don't remember how many journals I have written on this blog (and I'm too lazy to check the previous entries). So I'm going to just say that this is my second journal entry.
Nothing much happened today. I went to Barnes and Nobles at around 3 or 4 to do my homework. I was a bit tired when I got there, but a can of Red Bull gave me "wings" to stay awake for next 4, 5 hours. After that.. I went back home and watched Sherlock and fell asleep. One thing I like about Sherlock is that I notice different things, such as small details or dialogues, that I didn't notice previously. It's also nice to go back and learn about the tricks that are explained in the show, too. Oh, and I heard that Doctor House (?) is similar to Sherlock and so is the show Elementary. I haven't seen them but I want to see these shows now. I think I'm going to watch as many mystery shows as possible. I'm kind of addicted to that kind of stuff. I guess you can call me a mystery junkie.

And I just saw a Japanese drama called "Ogon no Buta" which is about a government agency that investigates tax fraud or something like that. I think it's kind of like what the FBI does except this Japanese agency is not really a law enforcement agency (kind of strange. They investigate fraud but they don't really arrest criminals. After they find a criminal, they report it to police as far as I understand it from the show). Oh, maybe it's sort of like the IRS.. that makes little more sense.. kind of. I'm not familiar with how Japanese government agencies work, so I will let you know more about detail as I watch this show.

The story is about this swindler (con artist) who was recruited by a head executive of this agency to investigate tax fraud. But she (yes, the protagonist is a woman) is not your typical bureaucrat who wears suits and kiss higher-up's butts. She's more of a retaliatory character who dresses casually and she has carefree attitude to anyone including to her superior. Her colleagues are total opposite of her and they act like your typical bureaucrats described above. Soon, she was almost fired from her job for investigating some powerful politician who misused government's money for personal gain. The truth is that the corrupt politician had close ties with higher ups of this agency who made a deal to cover up his crimes. When the heroine was told by her superior that she would be fired if she continues with her investigation, she quit her job voluntarily and she motivated two other colleagues to join her to investigate. At the end of the day, she proved the politician's misdeeds and she was hired again by the same head executive who recruited her (this head executive is not corrupted unlike other two head executives.)
I think I like this drama, and I'm going to keep watching it for next few days.
Ciao~


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기